Wednesday 1 January 2014

My DBT Opposite To Emotion Playlist - Happy Songs!

Time to practice suspending judgement and imagining the impact of the music itself on mood (Very Mindfully). Don't allow feelings from the past attach to the music - it is after all, essentially neutral outside of attachment to memories - I think...anyway it's amazing how much cheese can lift my spirits...what music lifts yours?

1. ABBA - anything really but especially Dancing Queen, When I kissed the Teacher and Ring Ring

2. My Happy Happy Heart - Andy Williams

3. Dance Yourself Dizzy - Liquid Gold

4. I Love to Love (but my Baby just loves to dance) - Tina Charles

5. Happiness - Ken Dodd.

6. You've Got a Friend - Carole King/James Taylor

7. In These Shoes? - Kirsty McColl

8. My Life - Billy Joel

9. Hotter Than July (Whole Album) - Stevie Wonder

10. L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N - Noah and the Whale


Instructions: turn up ipod/radio/dock to max, just listen, enjoy particular phrasings, instruments, lyrics that lift you up. Forget about what anyone thinks who may see you and...... DANCE....until you feel different to when you started. I particularly endorse, very bad, embarrassing mature woman dancing (aka Dad dancing if you're male)to help you really live in the moment! Good practice for participation and non-judgement skills...

No comments:

Post a Comment