Monday 6 January 2014

My DBT Self Soothe Playlist

Here's my list of songs currently on my ipod for when my 'savage breast' (or should that be 'beast') needs soothing! Music helps me avoid food as a self soothe!

1. Moon River - Andy Williams

2. Sarah McLachlan - pretty much anything

3. No Frontiers - The Corrs

4. High Flying Adored - Evita

5. Adagio for Strings - Barber

6. Bach (Unaccompanied Cello Suite No 1 - Prelude) - Yo Yo Ma

7. For the Beauty of the Earth - John Rutter (The Cambridge Singers)

8. Nimrod - Elgar

9. Sunshine on Leith - The Proclaimers

10. Daydream in Blue - I Monster

Some of these tracks were anchored in the pain of the past, but when I choose to listen mindfully, I find I am able to hear the soothing aspect of the music itself, not what I have learned to attach to them. Sometimes I listen mindfully so that it is:

1) The one thing I am doing at that moment
2) I focus on just noticing and describing what I hear
3) I don't judge myself for any difficult feelings that may arise
4) I let go of any distracting thoughts or feelings about the past or future and Listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment