Friday, 10 January 2014
My DBT Inspirational Playlist
1. Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini - Rachmaninov
2. One Moment in Time - Whitney Houston
3. Stronger (What doesn't kill you) - Kelly Clarkson
4. Beneath Your Beautiful - Labrinth
5. Shadows Fall - The Proclaimers
6. Welcome to my World - Jim Reeves
7. L'inverno (Winter) The Four Seasons - Vivaldi
8. No More Tears (Enough is Enough) - Barbra Streisand and Donna Summer
9. Don't Bring me Down - ELO
10. Zadok the Priest - Handel
Diversity and emotional range of music is good - I've found that when I immerse myself in these songs they help me 'gird my emotional loins' and remind me that emotions can change, even if they feel like they might totally overwhelm me and they feel like they will last forever. My biggest obstacle to use these skills? My fear that the waves of emotion will overwhelm me - as I've practised the DBT skills of Distress Tolerance and Self Soothing (using Mindfulness and trying to use my five senses to root myself in the moment) I've learned that despite how I feel - feelings and memories have not yet killed me.
I'm at a strange stage in my recovery. It's not a 'crossroads', I'm not in 'limbo', I'm not even 'stagna...
I have neglected my blog here for the past few weeks, because I have become more involved in different projects, which I hope will lead to p...
I've passed a milestone - well, probably more than one, but this one crept up on me. It is over a year since I was discharged from servi...