Sometimes I don't want my self soothe to be an opposite emotion - sometimes I'm right to feel angry or frustrated - it is after all only a human response to some things in life. Not all these songs are obvious choices, but for me, sometimes the real power is in the lyrics and the expression of thoughts, particularly about injustices in life. Some you will naturally already guess at, just cos they let you bounce around the room and shout your feelings out - safely!
1. It's my Life - Talk Talk (beautiful expression of becoming an individual - No Doubt also did a brilliant cover).
2. Caught out There - Kelis (!)
3. My Life - Billy Joel
4. The Frog Princess - The Divine Comedy (best ever break up revenge song so clever and funny! - don't miss the guillotine)
5. I know where I've been - Hairspray soundtrack (This is righteous anger well articulated - great build up to crescendo)
6. Just a Girl - No Doubt
7. Not Ready to Make Nice - Dixie Chicks (for when you encounter assumptions and prejudices!)
8. Gives you Hell - All American Rejects (Just angry)
9. He had it coming - Chicago soundtrack
10.Road Rage - Catatonia