Saturday 10 January 2015

7 Marks of a Mindful Person

This is a really helpful way of summing up the difference between Mindfulness and other 'interventions'. If it is to be effective, it has to become an integral part of the way I live my life. It only helps me manage my BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder) when it replaces the 'coping skills' I developed when merely seeking to 'survive' and becomes the way that I actually manage to 'live a life worth living'. That means that it is more than just a set of skills. If I am to be effective in using the DBT Core Mindfulness skills, they have to become a part of my daily life, more than just a habit - they have to become an essential part of how I view my life, my experiences and who I am. That means it is a profoundly life changing experience more than it is a treatment option.

No comments:

Post a Comment