10 Tips for a Mindful Home
1. Wake with the sun – there is no purer light than what we see when we open our eyes first thing in the morning
2. Sit – Just be Mindful of you, your surroundings, forget the distractions of intrusive thoughts
3. Make your Bed – The state of your bed is the state of your head. Take care of your surroundings.
4. Empty the Laundry Basket – Do the laundry without resentment or commentary – focus on what you are doing, be aware as you deal with different fabrics. Use your sense of touch and smell.
5. Wash your bowl – Rinse away self-importance and clean up your own mess. If you leave it undone , it will get STICKY and longer than 24 hours will be CRUSTY!
6. Set a Timer – If you’re distracted by the weight of what’s undone, set a kitchen timer and, like a monk in a monastery, devote yourself wholeheartedly to the task at hand until the bell rings.
7. Rake the Leaves (vacuum the dog hair) – Rake, weed, sweep. You’ll never finish for good, but there is satisfaction in the job itself.
8. Eat when Hungry – Be aware of how full you feel as you eat. When you feel full, stop.
9. Let the Darkness Come – Set a curfew on the internet and TV. Discover the balance between daylight and darkness, work and rest.
10. Sleep when tired